The Leader of the EVA and RC industry in China since 1992

Magnetic toys seriously endanger children's health, parents must carefully consider when buying

by:Toysmax     2021-05-09

Recently, the Technical Center of Ninghai Inspection and Quarantine Bureau tested some of the magnetic rod toys sold in China and found that the magnetic flux index of the small parts of the magnetic rod in the sample reached 170 kG2mm2, exceeding the national standard GB 6675.2-2014 standard limit. 3 times or more (the limit is 50 kG2mm2).

The new mandatory national toy safety standard GB 6675.2-2014 was released on May 6, 2014, and was officially implemented on January 1 this year, replacing GB 6675-2003 Old version of the standard. One of the important changes of the standard is the addition of the safety requirement index for magnets. “The international restrictions on toys containing magnets have been strictly regulated before the national standards were released. However, incidents of intestinal perforation or obstruction caused by children swallowing magnets are not uncommon at home and abroad.” Ninghai Inspection and Quarantine Bureau According to the personnel, if a child swallows a magnet and a ferromagnetic substance, such as iron or nickel objects, these substances will attract each other through the intestinal wall, resulting in serious injury of intestinal perforation or obstruction.

According to media reports, in 2015, a 4-year-old girl in Suzhou accidentally ingested a large number of magnetic balls and caused intestinal obstruction, which was finally removed by surgery. In July of this year, a 5-year-old boy in Wenzhou accidentally swallowed 5 small magnets from the building blocks while playing, and finally had to be removed by surgery.

When visiting many children's toy stores in the county, the reporter found that there are relatively few magnetic toys. In individual stores that sell, the types mainly include magnetic darts, magnetic fishing toys, magnetic pens, etc., and most of the outer packages are marked with warnings that 'do not put in the mouth, not suitable for children 3 years old and below'. When asking parents who came to buy toys, the reporter learned that most parents only noticed that their children were interested in the magnet's adsorption capacity, but did not consider the harm that might be caused by children swallowing magnets by mistake.

There is even a salesperson who expressed unnecessary concern about reporters, 'I have never heard of it. Even if there is, as long as the parents look at it, the kids are now good at it.' During the online shopping platform, the reporter found that there are hundreds of magnetic bar sales pages, with prices ranging from tens to thousands of yuan. Some stores also use strong magnetism such as 'strong magnetism, get rid of traditional building blocks' and other strong magnetism as their selling points. Promote.

'Magnetic toys are very easy to cause serious harm to children's health. Parents must carefully consider when buying.' Toy technicians of Ninghai Inspection and Quarantine Bureau said that they should choose good quality magnetic films when buying. Toys, because magnetic sheets are usually relatively large, are not easy to be put in the mouth by children. At the same time, look for the 3C logo, and do not buy 'three nos' products without any logo and instructions for use. In addition, you must pay attention to the applicable age group mark on the toy packaging when purchasing toy products. Toys that are not suitable for children under 3 years old must not be used by children under 3 years old alone to avoid the risk of serious injury.

Custom message
Chat Online
Chat Online
Chat Online inputting...
Sign in with: